In sterile package
- 2 inner cannulas with 15 mm connector, one pre-mounted
- inner cannula, double fenestrated with 15 mm connector
- occlusion cap for fenestrated tubes
- lubricating gel
- perforated obturator
- neck strap
As percutaneous set in REF 331
ATTENTION: If a cuffed tube is being used, the cuff must be deflated before a speaking valve or occlusion cap is attached.
The system consists of two parts: the white guiding catheter with silicone sleeve and the green inserter in the inner cannula. The silicone sleeve smoothly bridges over the gap in diameter between the end of the tube and the inserter thus minimising the risk of injury when inserting the tracheostomy tube into the trachea. The TRACOE twist plus tracheostomy tubes are delivered premounted on the atraumatic insertion system, the inner cannula is already placed in the tube. The insertion system stabilises and assists guiding the tube; it excels with a precise fit into the tube and a stop at the 15 mm connector. Once the tube is in the trachea the green inserter and the white guiding catheter with silicone sleeve are grabbed as a unit and removed together. By doing so the silicone sleeve flaps back and the guiding catheter can be removed easily. The Seldinger guide wire can be removed either prior or together with the guiding catheter. Alternatively the green inserter can be removed first, followed by the white guiding catheter and the Seldinger guide wire. Under no circumstances the white guiding catheter must be removed first.
- Dilation is performed using the proven Ciaglia one-step technique.
- The atraumatic inserter smoothes over the gap in diameter between the end of the tube and the inserter. This minimises the risk of injury when inserting the tracheostomy tube into the trachea.
- The stop at the 15 mm connector prevents the inserter from being inserted too far into the tube, which additionally reduces the risk of injury.
- The separately available tubes with inserting system can also be used for reinsertion into a percutaneously created tracheostoma and/or change tubes; if necessary in combination with the Seldinger guide wire.
TRACOE twist Colour Coding
REF-numbers are marked according to the TRACOE twist plus colour coding. The colour coding is conspicuously printed on each box. This helps you organise your inventory and quickly and reliably locate the right tube.
The neck flange of a fenestrated cannula has blue writing, the flange of an unfenestrated cannula has green writing.
Spare Inner Cannulas
- TRACOE twist plus spare inner cannula REF 521, unfenestrated, 3 units, supplied in individual sterile packages
- TRACOE twist plus spare inner cannula REF 521-X bulk pack, unfenestrated, 10 units, supplied in individual sterile packages
- TRACOE twist plus spare inner cannula REF 521-XXX bulk pack, unfenestrated, 30 units, supplied in individual sterile packages
- REF 523 TRACOE twist plus spare inner cannula, double fenestrated, 3 units, supplied in individual sterile packages
- REF 523-X bulk pack, TRACOE twist plus inner cannula, double fenestrated, 10 units supplied in individual sterile packages
- TRACOE modular Occlusion Cap REF 516
Heat/Moisture Exchangers, HME
22 mm Housing Adapter
- TRACOE modular 22 mm Housing Adapter REF 622
For the Cuff Pressure Management
- TRACOE smart Cuffmanager REF 730-5
- TRACOE cuff pressure monitor (cpm) REF 720
- TRACOE cuff pressure monitor sensitive (cpms) REF 721