- 1 connection tube REF 702
The TRACOE cuff pressure monitor is used to fill and monitor the pressure of high-volume-low-pressure cuffs of tracheostomy and endotracheal tubes.
Find more information about modifications and news of the TRACOE cuff pressure monitor in our newsflash.
Its outstanding features and benefits:
- easy use
- precise, reproducible pressure indication
- extra-large, easy-to-read scale from 0 – 100 cmH2O
- widely spaced scale markings with colour coded pressure ranges
- stable metal hook for attachment
The subglottic secretion suction with the aim to reduce the VAP rate of patients with an expected ventilation period of more than 72 hours was classified as category IA of the recommendations by the German Commission for Hospital Hygiene and Infectious Disease Prevention (guidelines for hospital hygiene and infection prevention issued by the Robert Koch Institute, KRINKO)*. The recommendation specifies that the cuff pressure level should be set between 20 and 30 cmH2O and checked at regular intervals. The recommendation is part of category IB. When these two actions are taken in combination, they can help to reduce the incidence of pneumonia.
* Prevention of nosocominal ventilator-associated pneumonia (Prävention der nosokominalen beatmungsassoziierten Pneumonie, KRINKO), German Federal Health Gazette (Bundesgesundheitsblatt) 2013 – 56:1578-1590