- 1 TRACOE cuff pressure monitor
- 1 connecting tube (REF 702), length: 1 m
The TRACOE cuff pressure monitor is used to fill and monitor the pressure of high-volume, low pressure cuffs of tracheostomy and endotracheal tubes.
ITS OUTSTANDING FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Easy use
- Precise, reproducible pressure indication
- Extra large, easy-to-read scale from 0 to 100 cmH2O
- Widely spaced scale markings with colour coded pressure ranges
The TRACOE cuff pressure monitor comes with a connection tube with male and female Luer lock connectors on its ends (REF 702).
The subglottic secretion suction with the aim to reduce the VAP rate of patients with an expected ventilation period of more than 72 hours was classified as category IA of the recommendations by the German Commission for Hospital Hygiene and Infectious Disease Prevention (guidelines for hospital hygiene and infection prevention issued by the Robert Koch Institute, KRINKO)*. The recommendation specifies that the cuff pressure level should be set between 20 and 30 cm H2O and checked at regular intervals. The recommendation is part of category IB. When these two actions are taken in combination, they can help to reduce the incidence of pneumonia.
* Prevention of nosocominal ventilator-associated pneumonia (Prävention der nosokominalen beatmungsassoziierten Pneumonie, KRINKO), German Federal Health Gazette (Bundesgesundheitsblatt) 2013 – 56:1578-1590